We wanted to try something a little different today by providing outing ideas for you and your boo or maybe even you, your boo, your kids, your friends, your dog…whoever else you are wanting to do something with. There is so much going on that it can be hard to find all that is going on. So here is V. 1 of Dates, Plates and Dranks (it rhymes better than drinks, okay?) – let us know what you think by commenting below!
- Chi Omega Christmas Market 2019 – Open from 10 am – 8 pm on Friday 11/22 – Saturday 11/23 at the Centennial Hall at Fair Park. Show casing more than 200 merchants with everything from home decor, clothing (women’s and children’s), toys, food items…the list goes on! This is a perfect event if you are wanting to get some Christmas shopping done or just want to walk around aimlessly somewhere other than Target. Admission is $12 – $15.
- SNOWDAY – Open from 10 am – 10 pm on Saturday 11/23 at The Plaza at Preston Center, SNOWDAY is an immersive experience of the spirit of Christmas and joy of the holiday season. This is a perfect event for a family outing or just to get into the holiday spirit complete with interactive experiences, photo ops and the possibility of seeing Santa! Adults are $30 and children are $22.
- Holidays at TX Whiskey Ranch – Ongoing from 11/22 – 12/21 at the Firestone & Robertson Distillery in Fort Worth. I am labeling this as a “can’t miss”! General Admission is free for this event but they do ask for an RSVP on the date that you are wanting to go. This event is going to be perfect for an adults only night being just the two of you or with friends also. Take a tour of the distillery, enjoy the sights of the Whiskey Barrel Christmas tree and grab a limited edition holiday bottle with the opportunity to have it engraved depending on the day you go! This event really has it all – check out the Special Events calendar and schedule your date night here soon! (P.s. foreshadowing here…if you are still unsure about it – check back next week!)
- 2019 Fort Worth Parade of Lights – Start off the holiday light spectating season in Downtown Fort Worth. Sunday 11/24 starting at 6 pm this is a tradition on Fort Worth that gets bigger and better every year, this is a free event but if you would like to reserve a seat to really enjoy the show seats start at $12. I suggest making this a full on downtown date night complete with dinner at Bird Cafe, getting coffee in Sundance Square and then topping the night off with a sweet treat from Funky Town Donuts.
Little fun fact about Grapevine, Texas…did you know it is the Christmas Capital of Texas with more than 1,400 Christmas inspired events in 40 days?!
- LoneStar Christmas at the Gaylord Texan – if you have lived in Texas for any amount of time there is a good chance that you have heard of The Gaylord Texan Resort, you may have also heard that they take Christmas pretty seriously. The Gaylord Texan completely transforms their property with 1.5 million holiday lights, decorations and a life-sized gingerbread house. With a variety of event going on all season long head over to their events calendar.
- Texas Star Dinner Theater – Unseasonable Greedings – This fun holiday dinner and show are ongoing every weekend through November and December. A unique theatrical experience that will have you on the edge of your seat this 90 minute murder mystery unfolds in 3 acts where each table will work as a team to solve the mystery including an opportunity to interrogate the suspects. I highly suggest this event that will have you laughing and talking long after it is over. Tickets are $59.95 which includes dinner and the show and a bar is available for adult beverages.
Did we miss something that needs to be shared? Comment below to let us know and make sure to subscribe stay in the know!